Read between the lies

Sometimes I ask for others for advice when I truly don't need it. Often its to convince others of their value not to me but to themselves. Actually, more often than not their answers are often influenced by their narrow mindedness, jealousy and or ignorance on the subject. It is one of my shameful techniques of mind control. If you think of it we all do this type of thing all the time. Dropping hints on what you'd like for Christmas or your birthday is a mild but clear example of this manipulation. So on that note when someone asks for your advice and your over the age of 18 just say the following. You know best, and leave it at that. Chances are that would be the best most honest answer you have ever given. Right now I could compose a long list of things I have been lead to believe and I know full well they are blatant lies. Then again the fact that I have chosen to keep this knowledge to myself could too be described as a lie in it's self, a lie by omission but a lie none the less. I usually choose to keep these tidbits of information to my self because with reflection you come to realize the falsehoods can not be corrected by humiliating the offenders. Under these circumstances your silence is rewarded with future prudence. Don't try to kid the kidder and don't try to convince your lies to the score keeper of your secrets.
Written by a girl who's a master at playing the dumb one. It's more than a talent it is an art form/life style.
shhhhh...I may never tell but I'll always know.

No comments:

Post a Comment