Afternoon walk,cars,letters, and the decline of the English language


Have you ever gone for a walk and felt as if one leg was shorter than the other, or longer depending on how you look at it. It's creepy and I can't stand it. Did I just write a pun? They say that the use of puns is a sign of wit and intelligence but my best guess is that this analogy only applies when you write or say them with intention. My pun on the other hand would more than likely indicate the opposite. Still walking... Omg who the hell wears a bra on their car still? Apparently that dude in the old cavalier. That style has past and some would beg to differ if it ever was what one would consider style. Lol Home now perusing the letters my son received from school. One is a notification that there has been an outbreak of head lice, as every year. How many words can one chick conjure up to describe her revolt. Puke! I checked his head and we are in the clear and I hope it stays that way. The other note is titled "Ask me about". The purpose of this letter is to give parents an idea of what your child/children are in the process of learning in class. I think this is a great idea and is a good way to start conversation with your child about what is going on all day. First part gives a brief out line on math, glad to see it at the top of the list. Second is language arts and I have to talk about this one for a second. Let's begin...this small blurb/ summary of what they are doing in language arts has multiple spelling errors, poor punctuation and the grammar used is awful. It's like it was written in a foreign language and translated by google. These are the people I send my kid to spend his days with in order to get an education. I know, I know, I'm one to talk but I'm a crazy quick writer and my emails, blogs and random posting are not my source of income nor do I claim to be an expert. On that note I do have what I think is a reasonable expectation of the teaching staff at my sons school that they are having a hard time living up to. They should Preach what they teach and it's fair to say I should too. I need a book on English punctuation and grammar and I have a needy school in mind that could and should put it to good use when I'm done with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment